Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Autism and Anorexia

So i just stumbled across something i find quite facinating. I was researching a program for autistic children and their parents for my psychology assignment and was reading some of the symptoms of autism. Some of them reminded me of anorexic behaviours. So i looked up studies into a relationship between the two disorders and found this.. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20176449
Just thought i would let you guys know so if you're as nerdy as me you can have a look.

Aside from that i am doing alright. hovering at the same weight, purging less, trying to be normal.
Im super busy all the time and its making me so hungry. Just got to make sure i dont binge. as long as i dont put on weight atm im happy.

3 comments:

  1. I think that's a really good step, being okay at the weight you are. And as long as you're healthy, I'm pretty sure you won't gain :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been diagnosed with both x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so going to read that! Thank you for something more entertaining than 'The Price of Everything' :D

    Yay for the purging less and the keeping busy! Remember to keep some good fuel nearby so you don't get those horrendous hunger-caused binges. Those can be the utter pits.

    Lots of love to you <3

    ReplyDelete